Redirecting...

Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Pi Day 2006

So yesterday (3/14) was Pi Day. Ah, pi...usually the first number people are exposed to that has no ending and no repeating pattern inside. Fun for middle schoolers everywhere...

This is a (weird) vid from at least 20 years ago that I guess tries to get kids excited about pi. Really it's more trippy than educational. Who the hell are these monotoned wizard types and why are they killing the happy children? What does that have to do with pi? Who came up with this?

I swear at one point, while we are passing through a television being cradled by a masked wrestler type, we hear somebody say "Yo I know this pi shit backwards and forwards", followed by a rap which starts out "I did three chicks then I pointed at the door..." How kid-appropriate is this, anyway? Or maybe things were just a bit more lax in the 70's.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That rap could NOT have been part of the original show. He's talking about 6 inch heels and how many girls he did.

Has anyone even heard of "Zap"?? Is it an older version of "Zoom" maybe??

fHold said...

I found this board that includes the lyrics to the song and other discussion.

This vid is clearly a parody of Zoom!, rap included.